Dra. Mónica Fernández-Vega Sanz
- Degree in Medicine, Oviedo Faculty of Medicine. Degree Cycle 1984-1990.
- Specialisation in Anaesthesiology, Resuscitation and Pain Therapy at the Vall d'Hebrón Hospital, Barcelona, 1992-1995.
- Undertook 3 months training in Anaesthesia at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London.
- Attending Physician in Anaesthesia at the Asturias Central University Hospital, 1996-2006.
- In 2006, she secured a tenured position through public examination at the aforementioned hospital.
- Anaesthesiologist at the Fernández-Vega clinic, 1995 - present. She currently works at the Anaesthesiology Unit at the Fernández-Vega Ophthalmologic Institute.